I've been doing product management for more than 10 years, actually even before this job had a proper name (at least in France!).
I’ve been doing it in a lot of different contexts:
- type of companies: big groups like Kering or AOL, co-founded a startup We Are TV, and more recently in scale ups like ManoMano and now at Back Market
- in different countries and essentially in the US where I spent 5 years and in France
- and finally different industries: social medias (I spent 5 at Dailymotion) and ecommerce.
But there are some common threads in my journey as a PM:
- I love working on platforms, i.e. products that scale
- I love working on a verticale, i.e. when there's a complete story to be written with the users, when the product involves lifestyle or creativity in some ways. I’m good at defining a vision, engaging people around and I’m always seeking for impact.